Monday, February 23, 2009
Pardon Johnny Cash: 2009 Flower Pickin' Festival Poster Design Competition
2009 Poster Competition Call for Entries
Deadline: Entries must be Postmarked by June 12, 2009
The Johnny Cash Flower Pickin' Festival is an annual event that takes place in Starkville, Mississippi where Johnny Cash was inspired to write the song "Starkville City Jail". The event honors the spirit of redemption, the depth, and humanity of Johnny Cash's life and music.
The Johnny Cash Flower Pickin' Festival "pardon committee" requests submissions for the 2009 poster design competition. Designs will be judged by a panel of artists and professionals. The poster will be distributed both locally and regionally to promote the event, and may be used as the design for festival T-shirts.
Artwork should include the following:
• A reference to Johnny Cash and Starkville, Mississippi
• Festival dates: October 16–18, 2009
The artist of the winning design will be awarded $300 and will receive 3 posters signed by the event's headliners. All submissions become the property of the Johnny Cash Flower Pickin' Festival. All entries should be original work and contain no copyrighted material. Multiple submissions are allowed.
• Submit a hard copy of the artwork that is sized proportional to 16” x 20”. Artwork should be full-color, any medium.
• Submit a PDF of the artwork on a CD marked with the applicant's name.
• Provide contact information including e-mail, mailing address, & phone number
• Entry Fee: Student fee: $5.00 per entry (must include a photocopy of current ID to be accepted); Professional fee: $20.00 per entry.
View previous winning entries at the festival shop at pardonjohnnycash.com.
Submission packet contents should be properly packaged and shipped to:
Johnny Cash Flower Pickin' Festival
P.O. Box 6284
Mississippi State, MS 39762
For more information, visit the Pardon Johnny Cash website or contact Robbie Ward at email@example.com.